So i was looking at the masterlist of 2020 reading challenges and i fell down the rabbit hole and found quite a few that i was interested in and decided why not, who am i going to hurt by doing all these challenges. Because there are quite a few i decided to do one big sign up post and feature them all here. Im also going to be doing an update post on my blog each month on how im doing and all my books will be added to shelves on my goodreads. Ready for my sign ups? Here they are:
Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge
So if you know me you know i read quite alot of fantasy and dont really read much contemporary even though i really enjoy contemporary so when i saw this challenge i thought it would be perfect to encourage me to pick up those contemporaries on my shelf.
This challenge is now hosted by Andi’s ABCs.
- Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020 (books read prior to 1/1/2020 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime you want, though the sign up linky will close Nov. 15, 2020.
- The goal is to read as many Contemporary Romance books as you’d like. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- Books that qualify for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. Books can be any kind of pairing as long as there is a strong romance. Books must be a work of fiction (sorry, nonfiction does not qualify for this challenge).
- Romances with the following elements do not qualify for this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller.
- Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are 100 pages in length (give or take), as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Use the hashtag #ContRom2020 when posting your reviews/updates/re-caps/monthly topics on social media.
- To join this challenge, grab the 2020 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge button above and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. This will be your “update post” when doing the monthly link up.
- 1st Base: read 1 – 5 books
- 2nd Base: read 6 – 10 books
- 3rd Base: read 11 – 15 books – This is the level im choosing.
- Home Run: read 16 – 20 books
- Grand Slam: read 21+ books
The Retellings Reading Challenge
Again if you know me you know i love retellings and fairytales so again when i saw this challenge i knew i had to try it. I tried one similar last year but forgot all about it so this year im more determined.
This challenge was created by Tracy @Cornerfolds
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2020. (You don’t have to review books to count towards your goal, but you do have to review them if you want them to count as giveaway entries.)
- Audiobooks, e-books, re-reads, short stories, novellas, and graphic novels all count, and you can read adult, YA, and middle grade books for this challenge.
- It’s also totally fine to use books from this challenge to fulfill other reading challenges and vice versa.
- ALL retellings count!
- You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! You can link up and track your progress on Goodreads, Instagram, Youtube, or wherever you share books!
- Sign up below with your post, shelf, etc. and leave a comment letting me know what your personal goal is.
- Link up your reviews each quarter on the post provided! (Bookmark this page to make sure you don’t miss a link-up!)
- Silent Assassin: 1-5 Retellings
- Warrior Princess: 6-10 Retellings
- Elemental Witch: 11-15 Retellings – This is the level im choosing
- High Fae: 16-20 Retellings
- Fairest of them All: 21-25+ Retellings
There is also a bingo board that goes with this Challenge and if you complete a bingo you get enetered into the giveaway and if you get a black out/Full house then you get 10 additional entiries to the giveaway.
Here is my goodreads shelf: http://www.cornerfolds.com/2019/12/2020-retellings-reading-challenge.html?m=1
Library Love Challenge
Now i love to use my library. Yeah they may not be up to date as they could be but they still have some really good books. When i saw this challenge i was like thats an easy challenge for me so you know what? Im signing up for it!
Runs: January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
You can join anytime.
The sign-up will remain open until Dec. 31st, 2020.
- Put a sign up post on your blog or (dedicate a Goodreads shelf or LibraryThing) and link it in the linky below. Make sure it’s public.
- Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
- The goal is to read at least twelve (12) books from the library, but you can read more. While twelve is the minimum; there is no maximum limit. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you.
- Any format will work for this challenge (prints, ebooks, or audios); as long as you checked it out from the library, it counts.
- Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads. The goal is to support your local library and save money.
- Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books – This is the level im going for
- Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
- Library Addict: Read 48 books
- Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books
Heres my goodreads shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/30211249-tiffany-heywood?shelf=library-love-2020
Mount TBR Reading Challenge
This is a challenge to basically just read the books that you own. For me this is alot, the majority of the books i own i havent read yet cause again im addicted to library books. I thought this is a perfect challenge for me.
- Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2020–items requested or ordered prior to January 1, may count even if they arrive in the new year. No library books~. If you’re looking for a library book challenge or one that counts books on your non-owned TBR list, then please see Mount TBR’s sister challenge: the Virtual Mount TBR Challenge (click the link).
~The ONLY exception to the library rule: If you own the book in any form and have a reason to check out a version from the library instead, then you may count it. For example–if you own a hard copy, but are planning on taking a trip where listening to the audio version would be a great way to knock out a book while you drive, then by all means check out the audio version and have a wonderful trip! Please check with me if you have questions.
- Rules for Rereads: Any reread may count, regardless of how long you’ve owned it, provided you have not counted it for a previous Mount TBR Challenge.
- Audiobooks and E-books may count provided they are yours prior to January 1.
- You may count any “currently reading” book that you begin prior to January 1–provided you had 50% or more of the book left to finish when January 1 rolled around. I will trust you all on that. The only exception is if you have participated in Mount TBR in 2019 and were unable to finish the book in time for the final Check-in Post. Then–if you finish the book post-January 1, you may count it as your first step of the new challenge.
- You may count “Did Not Finish” books provided they meet your own standard for such things, you do not plan to ever finish it, and you move it off your mountain [give it away, sell it, remove from e-resources, etc.]. For example, my personal rule (unless it’s a very short book) is to give it 100 pages. If I decide I just can’t finish it and won’t ever, then off the mountain it goes and I count it as a victory–the stack is smaller!
- Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.
- ike’s Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Vancounver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR pile/s – This is the level im doing
- Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
- El Toro*: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s (*aka Cerro El Toro in South America)
- Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s
What Challenges are you taking part in?? Let me know